Welcome to Education Queensland International
Education Queensland International (EQI) (trading on behalf of the Queensland Department of Education and Training) develops and promotes programs for international students who want to study at a Queensland Government school.
We are committed to:
- Promoting quality educational and cultural programs for international students in collaboration with our schools and our partners onshore and offshore
- Delivering quality educational services locally and internationally by showcasing state school education
- Developing new and enhanced global connections through innovative business activities that support the development of global citizens.
Learn more here (PDF, 343KB).
EQI's dedicated team of professionals specialise in managing the unique requirements of international students and their families. It is EQI's number one priority to provide international students with the support and encouragement they need to achieve their full academic potential in a safe and fun learning environment. This life changing experience allows students to achieve their academic, career and personal development goals while experiencing what Queensland has to offer.
Authorisation to enrol international students
EQI is a registered education provider offering education courses to international students under the Commonwealth Register for International Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS) Provider Number 00608A. EQI complies with the requirements of the Education for Overseas Students (ESOS) Act 2000 incorporating the National Code of Practice for Providers of Education and Training to Overseas Students (National Code) 2007.
EQI is authorised to offer places for international students in the following courses:
- Primary School
- High School Preparation (intensive English)
- Junior High School
- Senior High School
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Program (IBDP)
- Queensland Academies IBDP
The ESOS legislative framework (PDF, 474KB) ensures the rights of international students who hold a student visa are protected from default by providers.
Find out more information about EQI.
Last updated 13 April 2016